Your health usually speaks of what you eat. The same is true with yeast infection: if you do not eat the right things and you always enjoy the wrong kinds of food, there are greater risks of welcoming candida in your life. Therefore what you need to do is to find out a good yeast infection diet to save you from the burning and itching sensations brought about by this disease.
Now, the only secret here that you need to know is to understand which foods trigger the reproduction of yeast and which ones can fight the occurrence of the yeast infection. If you know all these things, there are higher chances of you being candida-free all your life.
What to Eat
It is very important that you include the following foods in your diet to fight the causes of yeast infection:
- Vegetables. It is very important that you starve the yeast in your body so that they will not grow in number. Vegetables very much do this job effectively. You can include vegetables such as bell pepper, asparagus, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, and the like.
- Probiotics and Prebiotics. It is very essential that you eat foods that have good bacteria in it. You can find them in yogurt, raw oats, soybeans, unprocessed wheat and barley, artichokes, and the like.
- Meat. Surely, you will enjoy a yeast infection diet because it does not prohibit you from eating meat. You can grab beef, sausage, liver, pork, goat, lamb, poultry, and buffalo. In terms of the seafood, you can still have octopus, squid, shrimp, salmon, and much more. However, you need to remember that all these meats must be free from any antibiotic exposure from any kind of grain or even injections.
What to Avoid
If you are really serious about living a candida-free life, you need to avoid the following foods, even though how delicious they may seem:
- Fruits and juices. Since most fruits and their juices have high sugar content, you need to cut them out of your diet. However, you can still take green apples, lemons, grapefruits, limes, and berries.
- Potatoes. Potatoes and legumes are not good to be placed in this diet.
- Coffee and Tea. Whatever kind of coffee or tea it is, you are not allowed to have this. Same goes with sodas, even regular or diet ones are not an excuse.
- Grains. Stop the intake of grains as well as products made from them. This includes rice, corn, millet, pasta, and the like.
- Bread. Since bread contains some form of yeasts in its ingredients, it is improper to have some in your diet. Aside from bread, other yeast product must be avoided such as mushrooms, alcohol, and pastries.
If you are really careful as to what you eat and what needs to be avoided, you can always live a candida-free life. Therefore, make every effort to follow the yeast infection diet. Some of your sacrifices in terms of food intake are all worth it considering that you won't have to suffer from the infection's symptoms once you do this.