The thought of having yeast infection alone can make you feel uncomfortable, already. Surely, if you happen to have this infection, the feeling will be beyond the realms of discomfort. With the itchiness and painfulness, you will definitely do everything to get rid of this infection. Though some medicines can cost you a lot, there are yeast infection home remedies to the rescue.
Yeast infection or candidiasis can be ended with some effective means that you can do yourself at home. In fact, here are some of the most famous and the most reliable home treatments for this infection:
- Tea tree oil. This ingredient is a very effective treatment to fight against yeast infection together with the discomfort it caters. What you just need to do is to combine a tablespoon of the tea tree oil with a teaspoon of rubbing or isopropyl alcohol. After mixing this solution, which will appear milky white, add 10 drops of it to one pint of clean water. Then, use this solution once a day for a week to rinse the infected parts of your body.
- Vinegar. The vinegar is one of the most promising yeast infection home remedies. You can take advantage of vinegar by mixing one to three tablespoons to a quart of water. This is best applied to the affected area at the first signs of the infection.
- Yogurt. Given that the yogurt has a lot of active good bacteria in it, it is a good weapon to get rid of candidiasis. You simply need to apply plain yogurt directly to the infected skin for around 10 to 15 minutes in a day. This application must be continuous until you see all the symptoms disappear.
- Garlic. As the cheapest and most abundant of all remedies for yeast infection, garlic is the most popular of all. It can help fight the symptoms of yeast infection when you rub it on to the infected area. Alternately, some crushed cloves of fresh garlic can be taken orally with a glass of water, just like taking a pill or a tablet. Actually, eating two fresh garlic cloves a day can do the trick.
- Rosemary. If you have one available at home, you can make rosemary tea. Then, it can help relieve the symptoms of the infection such as itching and burning if you dab it onto the external surface that is affected by yeast infection.
- Thyme. Same with the rosemary, you can make thyme tea. You can do this by combining one teaspoon of some dried thyme and one cup of hot water. This is effective if you drink up to four cups of the tea in a day.
Truly, there can be a lot of things that you can do for yourself just to get rid of the discomfort that yeast infection can bring. Therefore, at the first signs of the problem, you don't need to look that far. Right at the comfort of your home, you can grab any of these yeast infection home remedies. In the end, you will surely be thankful that you have these cures at home.